Here are some take away tips you can use to start singing (and styling) better…faster!
- Sing the STORY, not the song
- Don’t copy what you’ve heard unless & until you’ve asked yourself WHY you’re doing that thing you’ve heard
- There will always be someone who sings better than you BUT no one can tell a story from your perspective but you
- Even if you could copy perfectly, why would you want to be a ‘good sound-alike’ when you could be the original?
- Styling tools (trills, runs, big hold notes, dynamics, power, etc.) are bling without substance if you don’t why you’re using them
- Just because someone else does something cool somewhere in a song does not mean that’s the only great thing to do there: find something that highlights YOUR voice.